With the weather having been so good in the last few days we take a quick look back at the CRS walk on Saturday the 5th April 2014 when the weather wasn't so kind. We started out in driving drizzle which moderated to just being overcast by the time we reached the terminus at Tresavean. However our guide Eric Rabjohns kept up a continous commentary as we walked the line and it was despite the weather very enjoyable. Rather like reaching the summit of Everest here we are at at the Tresavean Mine end of the line. It is intended to provide many more pictures for the Tresavean section of this website in due course.
A few weeks before the walk, on the 11th March, KJ and Christine Simmonds visited the section of track relaid by the CRS in 1999 to remove vegetation which had all but covered it. Neither Cornwall Council nor the local council had the funds to carry out this work. Here it is in its final stages. In addition to working Roger Winnen manned the camera. Copyright.
- July Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.