Carn Brea changed its name three times in the nineteenth century: it opened as Pool, changed to Carn Brea, back to Pool and finally to Carn Brea!
The original WCR building is the stuccoed one on the down side. The small building on the up side is GW standard, dating from the doubling of the line in the 1890s.
In one picure, the signalbox can be glimpsed. It stood at the Redruth end of the up platform, and was replaced by a ground frame in October 1953. The building stood empty for a good few years after that.
Carn Brea shared with Truro the distinction of having two footbridges (until about 1935). One bridge went from the up to the down platform, the other for pedestrians from street to street, avoiding the platforms.
From the passenger point of view, Carn Brea was not busy, but there was always plenty of freight. After the closure of the Perranporth branch, all coal for that area came to Carn Brea. From the 1950s Holman's provided traffic (after their absorbtion of the nearby Climax company).
The station closed in January 1961. Freight ended and the yard was lifted in 1967. Today, there is little more than a gatepost to see of the entire installation.
Roy Many thanks Roy