The Police at Launceston are appealing for witnesses after a knife threatening attack on a lady cashier at The Launceston Steam Railway
Late on Sunday afternoon an elderly lady cashier at The Launceston Stream Railway was threaten with a knife by a robber who stole several hundred pounds from the till. He escaped up the so called zig-zag path to the town centre flooring a policeman on the way, who then needed hospital treatment. The lady cashier is bearing up after this ordeal but is very shaken indeed. We wish her a speedy recovery! The police are appealing for witnesses to this dreadful attack.
A summer Saturday 11th June, 1983 Michael Forward favourite walk was from Penzance to Marazion Station then returning home on the Western National or Grenville Bus service to Penzance
820101d St Budeaux Victoria Road station is situated adjacent to St Budeaux Ferry Road Station on the line into Cornwall. The waiting shelter has since been replaced, The token for the branch is housed in the white box adjacent to the stop sign, the driver contacts the Plymouth Panal on arrival to withdraw the token. Copyright Andrew Triggs
Activity at Long Rock on the second day of the RMT industrial action with First Great Western effecting trains over the August Bank Holiday by Roger Salter.
Greetings from the Burmese monsoon season! The photos show the aftermath of a bombing raid on Falmouth in, I think, 1941. The event occurred, I believe, in the cutting between Penmere and Falmouth. My understanding is that this was not a direct hit, but the train hit rubble or perhaps a bomb crater.
Roy Hart Many thanks Roy.
This is a repeat of one of the pictures shown a couple of days ago, presumably the 'gash' in the cutting face is the location of the bomb crater which caused the derbies which derailed the train. Many thanks to Roy for his information. 1941 in a cutting between Penmere and Falmouth. Now can any of you Falmouthians who use the line give a precise location? Picture from the Nigel Spate collection.
Take a look at our Engineering Plant Diary as we have some new photos added, Network Rail's Multi-purpose Stone Blower, Railhead Treatment Train and Tamper. Photos by Roger Aston & Mick House.
Nigel Spate, a friend of mine passed these on to me, as he thought the CRS might be interested.
Regards, Nigel Tregoning. Many thanks to both Nigel T and Nigel Spate Now the questions are, where did it happen an also when did it happen? Answers please, to this website, and we'll add the details concerning this most interesting event in the Falmouth branches history.
Keith, Working on the fact that there will be no sleeper tomorrow or Monday morning due to strike I decided to take advantage of the beautiful morning and photograph the sleeper this morning.
I went to a, for me, new location, and met as often happens another member of CRS. This time Mick House who had chosen the same spot.
On the camera the picture did not look that good but at home on the computer i found it not bad. So for your consideration is picture of 57602 Restormel Castle coasting down from Apex summit passing Hallenbeagle and a few minutes later 43037 with 1A78 climbing towards Paddington.
Regards Roger Many thanks Roger - you keep good company.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- Submit your photos and news
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- Extracts from the diary of a lifetime enthusiast - Michael L. Roach
- Cornwall Resignalling Program 2024
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- Features October to December 2023
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- Railtours 2022 to July 2023
- Railtours August 2023 onwards
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- INDEX TO ARTICLES WRITTEN BY COLIN BURGES
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection