One coach of 150 202 in Central Trains Green Livery was noted coupled to FGW 153 unit. BOTH were renumbered to 153 399. Why as they operate as a 150 were they not renumbered as a 150 ???
Devon and Somerset County Councils have pledged £3.6m to improve rail services from Exeter to Okehampton and from Taunton to Minehead. Does the latter mean that there will be regular timetabled services over the Norton Fitzwarren link?
Today 66172 was named 'Paul Melleney' at Penzance while standing on a ballast train in Slopers Siding.
Roger reports that the first section of the Royal Albert bridge to be cleaned and re-painted has been revealed - this is on the Devon end of the Devon side span. The new paintwork appears as a fairly dark grey and gleams in the morning sun.
As this news is being written 08 410 is being unloaded at Penzance. The replacement shunter is in blue and replaces 08644 which failed in November 2011.
On a visit to Newquay station on Thursday 9 February it was found that the complete length of the platform was being re-surfaced.
09 Feb 2012 37604 arrived Penzance at 00.10 after having already been to Falmouth. It departed 00.20 for St Ives, followed by a further trip to Falmouth and then traversed the Newquay branch before calling it a night. It is understood that the purpose of this working, class 37 with one inspec
- July 22 Home Page
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- STEAM & DIESEL RAILTOURS 22 ONWARDS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- INDEX TO ARTICLES WRITTEN BY COLIN BURGES
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Features July to December 22