Morning Keith, Up early this morning for a short hop up to Taunton to see DRS 37402/37603 leave at 05.20 on Pathfinders' 1Z83 Taunton - Crewe tour. I got to the station at 04.48 to find the train already in after an overnight ECS move from Crewe via Birmingham, Didcot and Westbury. Despite the early hour, there was quite a gallery in attendance by 5am and a well loaded train left on time. Coaching stock (from back) was a mix of Mk1 and Mk2 - some in former Virgin trains livery - 35469, 3344, 3348, 80042, 3397, 3426, 3330, 3356, 3364, 1200, 6024, 5955 The gem in the formation was Mk1 kitchen car M80042 in BR blue/grey livery. After a short hop back down the M5 to get my car in the right place for this evening, I boarded the 06.24 XC to Bristol at Exeter, and found DRS 37405 + test train + DBSO stabled in Exeter Riverside Yard. No photograph due to window glare unfortunately, but bagging three class 37's for sight in one day, let alone before 06.30 is something to write home about these days! Kind regards, Martin
- August Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public