Sometime ago now Mike Morant sent us a wonderful selection of his pictures for use on our website. Here are two at St Erth, memories are made of this. The are a lot more treasures to come. many thanks to Mike Morant for his generosity.
You won't get this view of St Erth nowadays, the chocolate and cream nameboard has gone, no tall telephone posts, the lighting has been changed, there are no platform trolleys and trees have grown up behind the platform fencing. Another forgotten feature which has disappeared is a 'Gentleman's' toilet on the up platform just before the footbridge'. Roger Winnen tells us that this disappeared in the early 60's - there are facilities within the station building but of course these are not available at all times! Hopefully the footbridge will remain. From the Mike Morant Collection
Vans stand over the engine release road so it looks as if this picture is dated from the early 60's when diesel multiple Units had taken over the St Ives branch. The vans bear the caption B.O.C.M. (British Oil and Cake Mills - animal foodstuffs) They may have been unloaded on the short stub of platform 4, the section of station buildings at platform 4 now form a popular refreshment facility. From the Mike Morant Collection
- December Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- INDEX TO ARTICLES WRITTEN BY COLIN BURGES
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.