The last downward delivery of full fuel tanks to Long rock took place on the morning of 25th October 2013. There were seven tanks in this train hauled by 66120. Roger Winnen made a trip to the Hayle area to witness both the down and return movements. Roger Salter witnessed the operation at Long Rock and Craig Munday a little further up the line at Angarrack - the return train was also seen passing Treleigh Level Crossing at approx 09.40.
66120 proceeds past the closed Mexico level crossing at Long Rock with all the ribbons fluttering in the strong wind. Quite a fitting tribute to this sad day. 25th October 2013 Copyright Roger Salter. N.B. The ribbons, it is thought, were placed on the fence which prevents use of the former level crossing by protesters keen to see the crossing reopened.
Here is the 08.44 Penzance to Paddington service which preceeded the returning empty Fuel Tanks crossing the mighty Angarrack viaduct. 25th October 2013 Copyright Craig Munday N.B. As a backdrop to this picture we have Phillack Dunes and church, whilst beyond that in the mist, land in the Carbis Bay area.
- June Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.