The return journey was made in brilliant sunshine on Monday 8th September, 2014 departing Penzance a little after the scheduled time of 09.02 for Exeter St David's, the route being throng with people throughout Cornwall witnessing the Atlantic Coast Express on its journey back to London. A water stop was made at Plymouth Station where the two engines from the train departed to various parts of the station for replenishment from bowser's before departing at 12.31 for Exeter. Passengers were detrained on arrival at Exeter St David's Platform 6, the train then headed into the sidings to attach 34067 Tangmere to the rear and detached 5029 Nunney Castle. After departure of the 14.25 South West Train service to London Waterloo the special entered Platform 1 with 34067 Tangmere hauling The Atlantic Coast Express and being assisted on the rear with 34046 Braunton to bank the train up the 1 in 37 to Exeter Central. Large crowds watched this spectacular at St David's as the train departed up the bank a scene which was a regular occurrence fifty years ago.
- November Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.