Rogers Treasure Trove. Roger Winnen has been looking through his collection of 130 thousand plus slides! More to come soon.
Travelling from Warminster towards Bradford on Avon the first sighting of the Bradford Triangle is at this point - the South Junction. There was a box at this point until May 1933 when it together with the boxes at North and West Junctions closed in favour of the box seen in this picture. Rationalisation of the junction is in progress with the former line towards Melksham and Thingley Junction having been made redundant. The singled track is now bi-directional. This picture 10th August 1990. Copyright Roger Winnen
Taken from a Bristol Bound train on the 10th August 1990 Removing the connection at the west end of the Bradford Triangle. West Junction Signalbox controlled the pointwork here until it was closed in May 1933. The back of Bradford Junction Signalbox can be seen in the distance. This double track curve was singled in February 1967. Copyright Roger Winnen
One cannot help but wonder whether the planners associated with the Box Major work this year wished that the hastily removed third chord of the triangle was still there??
- September Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public