The news of my birthday this year seemed to have leaked out around Cornwall and beyond, many thanks to all those who have sent their best wishes which was most appreciated. After a gloomy weather forecast on Friday for the weekend I decided to give the Dawlish Airshow a go, if bad weather persisted I would let the train take the strain. Setting off at 06.50 from Penzance the rain was heavy throughout Cornwall until Liskeard where it started to dry up and remained so throughout to Dawlish where is was brilliant sunshine. Being non stop to Exeter the weather at Exeter was the complete opposite, so after a short while I returned to Dawlish on one of the special services to and from Newton Abbot. That day a total of 49 trains stopped at Dawlish going east and 51 trains going west. My only regrets that I never had a telephoto lens with me to zoom into the aircraft.
150822d Some of the early flying at Dawlish as the 13.07 Paignton to Paddington heads towards Dawlish Warren. The flying at Dawlish is mostly over the bay therefore lessen the risk factor of an aeroplane coming down on a populated area. Our deepest sympathy must go out to the family and friends of those tragically killed in the Shoreham on Sea Airshow the same afternoon. Copyright Roger Winnen
See more on the Features Page July to December 2015
- July Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.