Our old friends at Rosevidney will sadly no longer be seen from passengers travelling to and from Penzance by train. The Cornishman Newspaper reported that Wimpey the Donkey and Fudge the Cow have been inseperable in these fields for over 20 years, Old age and arthritis has taken its toll and is regrettable that both animals have had to be put down. The cow was the last one of the Rosvidney herd, and was named by the Sea Scouts who were camping on the farm on the day that she was born. Wimpey the donkey was bought 30 years ago from a donkey derby and entertained local children at schools together with appearing in nativity plays. Many of the locals used to feed these animals with carrots and other delights. they will be sorely missed by us all passing milepost 322.25 from London Paddington.
Quite a touching story - many thanks for recording our two friends.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public