Hello Keith. I have no idea how unusual this actually is - though I don't remember seeing a train in the old mail platform (up end) for a long time. (See attached photo). On the afternoon of 18 May, class 153 No.153377 was berthed in that platform prior to shunting across to the other side of the station shortly after I took the photo. I understand that some swapping of sets was going on in order to get required units back to their appropriate depot. Of course, no passenger train can use that platform because it has been raised above normal height to allow for post office BRUTE trolleys to roll easily on and off mail trains. Kind regards, Derek Thank you for your observations and report Derek
153 377 at the old platform 2 at Plymouth North Road, now known as Dock 2 since April, 1974 (Let's use it's old title to). Perhaps the high level platform might even provide better access than most of the current one in use which at various stations require a formidable step down and mind the gap!! Thank you Derek Buttivant Copyright
- July Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.