750621a A hazy photograph of D1064 Western Regent gathering speed approaching Long Rock level crossing on 21st June, 1975. Note the Railway Houses built in the 1930s by the Great Western Railway, Chy an Mor in the background, still standing today, sold privately at knock down prices to their occupants many years ago. Copyright Michael Forward
750618c A Swindon built Cross Country 3 car unit 51586 leading, coming down towards Lelant with the 4pm from St Ives. These units of the third batch of the 120 class were built in 1961 with 4 character headcode panals and oval buffers, all operated in the Westcountry. By the mid 1975s the headcodes were not being used as such, possibly that's the reason for their removal or perhaps accident damage, Copyright Michael Forward
750101a 50004 Built December 1967 alongside the former shunters cabin at Ponsandane, note the former up main which became the entry into the sidings in 1974 following the adoption of the single line to Mexico Crossing. 50004 was named St Vincent in May 1978 and withdrawn in 1990, being cut up at Old Oak Common by Coopers. Copyright Michael Forward
860611aa A fine picture of the former Ponsandane Goods Depot taken on the 11th June, 1986. This depot was built in 1937 when goods services were transferred from the then cramped Penzance Station prior to the rebuilding work. This goods depot was run by National Carriers until it closed in the early 1980s. N Holman & Sons Ltd, Dry Dock owners at Penzance leased the depot in September 1986 for the repair of small M.O.D landing craft. These were brought to Truro by rail and off loaded for road transport to Ponsandane Goods depot as there were no facilities for off loading at the depot. Photographs of the visit of 7029 Clun Castle to Truro on 6th September, 1985 revealed her attached to this landing craft train whilst in Truro Yard. Copyright Michael Forward
- July Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.