On 27 Nov 2011 the 'Class 142 Farewell Railtour' operated to Alphington, Heathfield, Meldon, Barnstaple and Plymouth. See article in Recent News photographs section.
On 30 Nov 2011 at Exeter Class 142 001 and 142 030 were noted sitting in the depot area with engines running, presumably ready for their transfer up north. I later travelled on to Westbury and then to Bath. The usual class 158 3 car formations were replaced in both directions by 2 x 150 sets. The 13.10 train to Bath was full and the 15.36 return to Westbury was grossly overloaded - passengers jammed against the doors. There is obviously need to re-introduce locomotive and coach formations on this very busy route.
Also on 30 Nov 2011 56 302 and 47 375 headed a train of 14 tanks away from Burngullow for Barrow. There were many photogaraphers observed on route.
Finally a serious signal failure in the St Austell area resulted in busses repal
- October Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public