in the GWR Central region
Six fairly recent shots to illustrate the changing traction scene in GWR's 'Central' region.
1) Taken today, Monday July 3rd at Bristol Temple Meads, Class 166 3 car 'Turbo' 166205 in freshly applied GWR green on it's first day in service on the Severn Beach line. Awaiting departure on the 1203 to Avonmouth via Clifton Down.
2) Thursday last (29th), Bristol again at around 2200 hours. New IEP sets 800003 & 800004 were in platform 3 for a while, en route to Stoke Gifford depot. Before long these will take over most if not all the Paddington services from this station.
3) Ex 'East' from the Reading-Basingstoke line 150002 at Westbury on the 1050 Great Malvern-Brighton through train last Wednesday, June 28th. Built in 1984 but now fully refreshed in GWR green with digital passenger displays, auto-announcer and disabled toilet facility.
4) Reportedly soon to go off-lease 153305 at Swindon on the 0849 Trans-Wilts shuttle to Westbury on May 22nd. All subsequent class 153 repaints have been in GWR green so this one is worth photographing wherever possible. Note the recently erected passenger waiting room on platform 3.
5) Once common but now only occasionally seen at Temple Meads 143620 paused briefly on the morning of July 3rd en-route from Exeter to Barton Hill depot.
6) Two HST power cars pass at Westbury on June 13th. 43053 'University of Worcester', one of the first batch that was delivered for BR Western Region in 1976-7 (in set 253026); and 43198 'Oxfordshire 2007', the very last '125' PC dating from 1982. This latter one will be staying with GWR hence it's green livery while 43053 could end up working out its final years in Scotland. From 1982-2007 it was part of the Midland mainline and later East Coast fleets so has covered much of the country in it's 40 years plus career. It has previously carried the names 'County of Humberside' and 'Leeds United'.
Guy Vincent What a mass of information - very many thanks indeed,
Burton Upon Trent To Kingswear
Kind Regards Karl (Friends Of Penmere Station). Many thanks Karl.
P1090147A 57315 at Plymouth end.
P1090157A 57313 at Penzance end
P1090168A The complete train in Slopers siding on Saturday
Train formation of train starting from the Plymouth end,
3313 First Open
3352 First Open
3350 First Open
99680 Mk 1 Brake Second Support Coach. Probably in use as Crew Rest and Pantry
3392 First Open
3395 First Open
3326 First Open
Best regards, Roger. Many thanks Roger