In the early hours of Friday 22nd August, 2014 66130 hauling a long continuously welded rail train arrived at Penzance and stabled in the slopers sidings prior to running around. However problems arose, and the train was stabled during Friday. It was thought that this train might depart during the evening but to no avail, looking up on 'realtime trains' it was shown for departure before dawn on Saturday, however this did not take place and the train remained at the terminus during Saturday. A revised depart at 21.00 hrs was shown on the website but this failed to mature as she was still sitting there in a wild and lonely place at 21.30. Perhaps after posting this information she may have departed to pastures new!
140822a The Two Rogers photographing the CWR Train at Penzance. Copyright Roger Winnen
140822b Roger Salter stands on the stool to capture this shot of 66130 in slopers siding. Copyright Roger Winnen
140822c The early morning sun lights up this train as it stands at milepost 326.25. Copyright Roger Winnen
140823a Still waiting to move in slopers, to the right is the long siding, now reduced in length. (this section is now abandoned) Copyright Roger Winnen
- January Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- INDEX TO ARTICLES WRITTEN BY COLIN BURGES
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.