D0280 Falcon at Exeter on 23/5/69. I don't know if there are any other occasions when Falcon was recorded visiting Exeter – it is seen here returning from Paignton (someone will recognise the exact head code!). I have never seen pictures of Falcon in the West, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Anybody know please? See Reply below.
We are very grateful to Roger Geach for passing on the following information received from Sean Greenslade of Exeter who has kindly provided this information He has 1e50 as a Paignton to Sheffield relief service passing Exeter around 1500 on that day. He thinks, but cannot confirm, the loco worked down Empty Coaching Stock from Malgo Vale Bristol to Paignton that morning.Two other confirmed workings were 1z17 0900 Bristol to Paignton additional special and return 1805 Paignton to Bristol on Wed /Thursday 3 and 4 September 1969 . This was the last week of the school holidays and 1z17 ran from the last week of July until the end of the first week of September normally with a western. Thus three workings where D0280 was seen at Exeter and along the sea wall. Maybe there are others. Many thanks to Roger and Sean.
- November Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public