During the last year considerable reclamation work has taken place on the east side of the line - the area around the base of Hallenbeagle Enginehouse and the top of the hill has been levelled and grassed over. More recently, in the last month or so, attention has turned to the mine waste on the west side of the line. A neat row of cottages stood by the level crossing. At one time it was thought, that as tiles were being very carefully removed from the roof of the terrace, that maybe they were going to be restored. However, it was a case of here today, and gone tomorrow. Sad really as these were somebodies homes.
A picture taken from the 0812 off Redruth on Friday 22nd November 2013. Ahead of the train lies Wheal Busy level crossing, at one time a signalbox lay to the left just beyond the crossing - this was closed 10th May 1964 - the associated loop lines on the down side were taken out of use 24th November 1963. Hallenbeagle engine house is to the extreme right above the train. Copyright Roger Winnen
The next day, Saturday 23rd November at 10.34 it can be seen that already the machine has started its breakfast gobbling large chunks of the buildings. The remaining roof has already been striped of its tiles leaving just the felt. By the time Roger in the evening returned it had all gone. Copyright Roger Winnen
- October Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.