Hello Keith, The photographs from Mike and Roger stirred some interest tonight. The 1987 summer timetable was dated 11/05 to 04/10 and there was 2 inter-regional services on weekdays. The 07.30 "Cornishman" Penzance to Newcastle was booked for a HST. The HST would work west the day before on the 11.25 Newcastle to Penzance (13.50 on Sundays). I remember seeing this train with the "stick on" headboard from time to time. This format would not be used again until 2003 when the "Cross Country HST farewell" weekend saw the last Virgin Trains operated HST's running. I saw the last one in Cornwall, the 19.30 Newquay to Plymouth so adorned. Back to Summer 1987, the 10.27 "Cornish Scot" Penzance to Edinburgh was booked for a 47. This was a return working of the previous day 07.14 Edinburgh to Penzance (13.00 Manchester on Sundays). I believe that from summer 1988 both inter-regional trains were booked for HST. Hope this helps, Regards, Martin Duff. It most certainly helps Martin, your knowledge is very well worth sharing.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public