You will already find this charming picture by the late John Stanford adding colour to our Hemyock branch pictures. We remember the D63XX class of locomotives once common though perhaps rather unreliable workhorses in the South West. The problem is that I would like to contact Paul, Johns son but unfortunately due to a lap top problem I do not have any record of Paul's e-mail address. So if you have seen this wonderful picture of your Dads once again Paul I would be most grateful if you would get in touch. Or for that matter anybody who knows Paul and how best to contact him.
A rural scene with D63xx shunting milk tanks at Hemyock in March 1969 for the trip to Exeter St Davids where they were attached to the afternoon St Erth to Kensington Olympia milk train. This picture from the late John Stanford (ex BR WR) collection - Paul Stanhope sent this in in memory of his father.
- September Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION< CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public