On a visit to the Gunnislake branch today 12th November 2013 I noticed that work is in progress on the waiting shelter situated on the currently disused island platform. The building is surrounded by security fencing. The window frames have all been repainted and await re-glazing - the roof looks in good condition and all external paintwork gleams. If anybody can give information on this refurbishment it would be appreciated. What future use is planned for this now well preserved structure?
It is understood that should the extension of the branch along the route of the former main line to Tavistock take place then the Gunnislake services will terminate in a bay created by relaying the former up main, the left hand track, as far as a buffer stop located approximatly where the board crossing can be seen in the picture above. Beyond this the island platform will be extended towards the main station building such that passengers for Bere Alston village will be able to alight from the right hand side of the Tavistock bound service and those for Gunnislake will alight from the left hand side and walk to the shuttle train waiting in the newly created bay. The former down main, the right hand track will be extended to Tavistock. Pedestrian access to the island platform will be via a footpath rising up from the roadway.
- June Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.