A cheap way of travelling through Cornwall and into Plymouth both on trains and buses for only £8.30 a day, unlimited travel on a Ride Cornwall Ticket valid after 09.00hrs
With a Railcard I purchased a Ride Cornwall ticket, firstly by train and bus to Fowey, then Bodmin Parkway to view the departing steam before retracing my steps to Lostwithiel where the station yard contained plant for the track relaying to Treverrin Tunnel. The sidings at Lostwithiel has been virtually disused for many years since the longer clay trains needed the up and down loops to the east of the station. Departing Lostwithiel I alighted at St Budeaux Ferry Road station with a minute connection at the adjacent St Budeaux Victoria Road station for the Gunnislake service, I was in luck as the train was a few minutes late. Detraining at Bere Ferrers I came across Chris Groves of The Tamar Belle Heritage Railway who gave me a guided tour and update of the line for which I was very grateful. Returning home from Bere Ferrers with the 17.54 into Plymouth I connected into the 18.42 The Cornishman service to Penzance. A good day and fine weather.
150910b Stobart Rail engineering equipment being assembled in the yard at Lostwithiel prior to occupation over the next three Sundays. The Cornwall Railway Society Railtour of 28th April, 1990 The China Clay Rambler was stabled in this platform during our lunch break at Lostwithiel, we believe that this was the last train to use this platform! Copyright Roger Winnen
- July Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.