Saturday 17th May, 2014 saw members of the Cornwall Railway Society walk the Camel Trail from Wadebridge to Dunmere Halt on a very warm and sunny day. Departing on the 08.45 London service from Penzance and other Cornish Stations we alighted at Bodmin Parkway for the 555 Greyhound Service to Wadebridge running some 15 mins late. Arriving at Wadebridge other members from North Cornwall joined the party where we set off from the former station at Wadebridge now known as the John Betjeman Centre. A very pleasant walk then commenced avoiding many cycle riders on route, firstly viewing the junction of the North Cornwall Line, Shooting Range Platform and onto Grogley Halt for a well deserved lunch break, The Camel Valley was very scenic indeed with flowers of many varieties in bloom on this beautiful May Day. Leaving Grogley behind we headed for Nanstallon passing on route the extensive Vinyards on the Camel Valley where members sampled the wine. On leaving Nanstallon which at one time boasted a Signal Box, we soon arrived at Boscarne Junction to see a Bodmin and Wenford departing from the station platform. We then continued towards Dunmere. Here a well deserved drink was the order of the day, the temperature was rising, we had twenty minutes before the bus, and would you believe it! it ran nearly twenty minutes late. On arrival at Bodmin Parkway we also found the train running twenty two late. They say that the Cornish always do it "Dreckley" I think that applied today. Many thanks to everyone who supported this event, Roger Winnen And to Roger for organising it.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Bristol Parkway to Wooton Basset Jct.