(1) 43097 leads the 11.57 Paddington - Penzance away from Aller towards Dainton on 7th October 2018.
(2) 43088 brings up the rear of the 16.10 Plymouth - Paddington at Rattery on 7th October 2018.
(3) 43024 leads the 12.55 Plymouth - Paddington at Harford Bridge west of Ivybridge on 18th October 2018.
(4) The 07.41 Penzance - Paddington on the sea wall between Dawlish and Dawlish Warren at 10.50 on a glorious sunny morning 30th October 2018.
(5) The 12.55 Plymouth - Paddington approaches Teignmouth on the 30th October 2018. Taken from Shaldon Bridge.
Regards, Clive Smith
Many thanks for your widespread pictures. Well done.
Elephant Rock Cafe
Red Rock Café, Langstone Rock, Dawlish Warren, famous for train enthusiast’s for years & a place where train drivers sounded their horn in acknowledgement has changed hands & been revamped & renamed as Elephant Rock Café.
This surprised me after so long, although the area had been neglected,but on research found this rock was called Elephant Rock & resembled an elephant with it’s trunk.
Since 1868 it looked as an Elephant but by 1888 the head was gone with erosion & by today the Elephant is no more
Fingers crossed we see a steady stream of this traffic in 2019.
Also sent is a picture of the RHTT departing St Blazey unusually mid morning (29th October 2018) bound for Newton Abbot & return following attention to the water jet system. 66104/067 the locos.
All the best, Craig
As Craig suggests we'll all keep our fingers crossed! Many thanks for the inside information and privileged lineside pictures.