The coaches are 'concertinas' -70 footers introduced in 1906-7. In the background is Redruth Junction up home signal, with lower distant for Redruth station. Distant arms were red in those days. The Berks and Hants cut-off had just opened, reducing the schedule for the train by 20 minutes. In the foreground, of course, is the hut and apparatus for mail set-down.