7031 Cromwell's Castle was one of the last Castles (1950). The castle is, of course, a stone fortress on Tresco, one of the Isles of Scilly. The engine was at Laira for much of the 1950s, but became very run down and dirty. She went to Swindon for overhaul in 1960 and became the shed 'pet' -kept in gleaming condition for special duties.
This tiny island in the Scillies featured on no less than three GWR engines: 7031, Star class 'Tresco Abbey' and ' Duke class ' Isle of Tresco' which ran for no less than the first seven years of its life (1897-1904) with misspelt nameplates ISLE OF TESCO.
All the best, Roy. Many thanks Roy