Driver Alan Peters
- it is very much appreciated.
They were running wrong road through Platform 4 on reversible working.
Regards Colin Pidgeon
Passed Swindon 12 EARLY at 1331 according to Real Train Times.
Kind regards, Ken
Thanks for passing these on Ken. If I can be advised on who John is I would appreciate that.
and the haul road.
Andrew and Diane Jones
I guess things are hectic at your end, but hopefully the sheep on the line at Okehampton was of interest. N.B. This refers to an item yesterday concerning November 24th.
Very best wishes Andrew and Diane.
(I believe Andrew was on night watchman duties at Fowey Docks in 2005)
We are writing to update you about the latest news on progress with the project and also to give you the details for our AGM.
The current news on the reopening is that:
- The Detailed Design phase is beginning to draw to a close, with just three months to go
- The final Full Business Case exists in draft form and is expected to be submitted to DfT in late February or early March
- Cost information, developed from the Detailed Design, is being used to refine the Full Business Case
Secondly, we have moved the AGM back for this and future years so that it is not in the run-up to Christmas. We hope this will make it simpler to arrange and easier for more members to attend. The date will be Tuesday 30th January 2024, at the Folk Hall in Portishead as usual, with doors open at 7:00pm and a 7.30pm start. There will be the regular AGM business plus an update from the project manager James Willcock on what will happen next during 2024. The agenda will be:
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Apologies for Absence received
3. Minutes of the 2022 AGM - approved by the committee during 2023.
4. Approval of Accounts for the year ended 31/10/2023
5. Appointment of Independent Examiner
6. Chairman’s Report.
7. Communications Report, including Facebook, Twitter and Website.
8. Membership Secretary’s report.
9. Appointment of committee.
10. Any other business.
12. James Willcock, MetroWest Phase one Project Manager – Update on progress
Peter Maliphant, Membership Secretary, Portishead Railway Group