He drove to the old Praze Station, now a house with gardens, but the branch continues towards Helston as the photos show.
It was a glimpse of the past as I travelled this line many times from Hayle Grammar School-Helston to spend weekends on my friends farm.
I was up early this morning and had to travel upcountry for an environmental governance meeting (the irony of driving across the country to do so wasn’t lost on me!).
I decided to stop in at Trerulefoot just before 6am to take a photo of the sleeper with 57605 and I also caught a Penzance-bound HST running about 15 minutes ahead of it.
My friend is responsible for looking after this field and later this afternoon he went and planted it, so today was the last chance to get in there for the shot this year without the risk of doing any damage to the crop.
Hope they’re of interest, all the best, Jon Hird
Just returned from the ever excellent SVR Spring Diesel Gala, find the enclosed shots for CRS of the Best Diesel Gala going on these shores
All the Best
P.S I'm aware it's 'borderline' on our area's coverage but we've included SVR events before as well?
1. D821 'Greyhound' passing Kidderminster TMD working 12.30 Kidderminster-Bridgnorth (Taken under supervision, while on the Depot Tour) 18.5.2023
2. Rail Adventure 43484 with 43465 running into Kidderminster station prior to working 09.00 Kidderminster-Highley (with 47712) with GWR 2+4 set with 43188/186 stabled next to them 19.5.2023
3. 47712 'Lady Diana Spencer' leading 09.45 Highley-Kidderminster (with 56051 'Survival' at the rear) on Foley Park bank 20.5.2023
4. D1015 'Western Champion' descending Eardington Bank working 14.30 Bridgnorth-Kidderminster 20.5.2023
5. 20189 with 20048 climbing Eardington Bank working 13.30 Kidderminster-Bridgnorth 20.5.2023
6. DBC 60062 'Sonia' with 47712 'Lady Diana Spencer' on the LSL Mk3 set approaching Victoria Bridge working 11.45 Highley-Kidderminster 20.5.2023