Sleeping during the day has been exhausting too. The nights now out of the way and, of course, the weather set to change!
A couple of pictures from the week, Par box shone in all its glory on the night of 20th July, and the sun spectacularly hitting the levers as it dropped behind the box had to be photographed. The lever wires still tightened at 20.00 in the evening, it was midnight before they could be let out fully. (Lever wire tensioners are the black vertical devices behind levers a fair way from the box. In hot weather the metal signal wires expand and "slack" must be taken out of the wire to ensure the signals clear properly. These must be wound back as the temperature drops or the wires could be damaged).
Also seen at Forder viaduct on my way to Saltash on 21st was 6G98 a rail delivery train headed by GBRf's 66732. Colas rail's 66848 was provided at the other end. The rails were dropped off in the St Austell area for forthcoming engineering works. The sun just gently dropping as the Bluebird approached, the land behind still beautifully lit.
Look out for The Bodmin & Wenford's 47306 in service this coming Saturday, we may be dodging the thunderstorms though, conditions similar to the day 57604 worked back during the Sept 2017 Diesel Gala a few years back. (Pictures attached)
Cheers for now, Craig.
Regards, Clive Smith
From Monday 26 July 2021
Due to a reduction in staff availability, we will be running an
amended service in Devon and Cornwall until further notice:
Local services on Mondays to Fridays
• All trains between Liskeard and Looe after 1900 will be
replaced by buses
• 0950 Penzance to Plymouth will not run
• 1217 Plymouth to Penzance will not run
• 1615 Par to Newquay will be replaced by a bus
• 1719 Newquay to Par will be replaced by a bus
• 2130 Plymouth to Gunnislake will be replaced by a bus
• 2222 Gunnislake to Exeter St Davids will be replaced by a bus as
far as Plymouth. The train will run as normal from Plymouth at 2315
Long Distance services
Mondays to Fridays
• 0549 Plymouth to London Paddington will not run
• 1736 London Paddington to Plymouth will not run
• 0655 Plymouth to London Paddington will not run
• 1904 London Paddington to Plymouth will not run
Other service changes may be made at short notice.
Check your journey before you travel at GWR.com/Check
PUB - EXP: UFN RMP