Spent yesterday (12th May 2023) photographing classic traction at the ever excellent Swanage Railway Diesel Gala, 6 shots of visiting Locomotives on the day for CRS from the day, also GBRf 73107 and the preserved 4 TC Maroon set were in action on the day
All the Best
1. 47830 'Beeching's Legacy' leading 2C01 09.39 Corfe Castle-Swanage (with 33111 at the rear) on Corfe Common
2. D8568 with 73107 working 1N01 09.48 Norden-Swanage on Corfe Common, clagging nicely
3. 50026 'Indomintable' passing Wurzel Crossing working 1R03 10.32 River Frome Viaduct-Swanage
4. D345 leading 1R09 13.32 River Frome Viaduct-Swanage approaching Norden Road Overbridge
5. 45108 leading 1R11 14.32 River Frome Viaduct-Swanage approaching Furzebrook Road Overbridge (with D6512 trailing)
6. Returnee 50021 'Rodney' on it's 1st run in Preservation after 23 years, double heading with 50026 'Indomintable' working 1R08 12.39 Swanage-River Frome Viaduct passing Castle View crossing
Please click on pictures to obtain an enlargement.
I’ve attached a couple of photos of 08359 and 47306 at work on the Bodmin and Wenford Railway today (13th May 2023).
08359 and the clay hoods were sent to collect potential passengers from Bodmin Parkway, sadly due to the strikes today, there were no takers. It still made for a good photo though, like the days of the Wenford clay traffic.
It was a lovely to spend a few hours out with the camera on a brilliantly sunny day.
Kind regards, Jon Hird
Many thanks Jon - looked a lovely day.