51 years ago today it was Saturday 7th September 1963, sad day which saw the last passengers on the 'Strawberry Line'. Fortunately for us Mike Roach was there with his trusty camera and captured various unrepeatable scenes such as the one below as two trains cross at Wells Tucker Street and 82037 takes water. 82037 was shedded at Bristol Barrow Road from October 1962 until condemned in August 1965. Was this the last day of work for the crew and of course the station staff who probably faced redundancy? Other than the Good Shed Wells Tucker Street no longer exists though a plaque has been placed at the location to remind those who never knew the location of its existence. To see more click here, we are hopeful of getting more pictures of the line - if you can help we'd be pleased to hear from you.
- December Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public