I ventured out this lunchtime to photograph train 6C39 11:50 St.Blazey to Newport ADJ. With the weather as it is I wouldn't of bothered, but the consist was a little unusual!! There isn't much variety in the Cornish freight scene nowdays, but in the very early hours of Thursday morning four VGA/VKA vans were extracted from Ernesettle MOD (Navy) Sidings on the banks of the Tamar and unusually hauled down to St.Blazey. These four vans went up on 6C39 this afternoon, along with five discharged TTA tanks from Long Rock. I know its not massively exciting but its the first photo I've ever taken of MOD traffic in Cornwall!!! The vans are destined for MOD Longtown, Cumbria. Attached is a photo of 66188 in the gloom at Milltown on the approach to Lostwithiel, and a close up of one of the vans, VKA 210487 in a rather faded EWS livery. Never having seen anything of MOD traffic at Ernesettle let alone Cornwall I rate this as very interesting. Many thanks Nathan.
- April Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public