Quite considerable engineering work has been going on at Liskeard where the track approaching and in platform 3 has been renewed. We have Graham Mann Network Rail Programme Manager to thank for the following pictures which show everything neat and tidy, one could call it 'ship shape; if it were at Looe!
Liskeard, platform 3, Looking towards Looe. 15th May 2015. Note:- The "detectors" are the "train protection warning system" TPWS for short, the driver gets an audible warning in the cab, if he doesn't apply the brake the system will kick in and brake automatically and doesn't over run into the stop blocks. Copyright Graham Mann
Note from Graham Mann. The check rails are warranted because of the curve radii being below 150metres, there wasn't one there before which I assume was due to a standard change over the last 50 or so years when the old track was previously installed.
- March Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public