After passing through Hayle on Sunday it was noticed that tree felling had commenced around the viaduct. Catching an early morning bus to Hayle on Monday morning I was able to photograph the down Night Riviera crossing the viaduct and afterwards viewing the viaduct from The Plantation Bridge at the west end of this structure. Major work is due to commence during November in the redecking of this 36 pier viaduct, with scaffolding now being erected. Visiting the scene two weeks ago it was impossible to take a photo, however that has now changed. Stopping off on route at St Erth I noticed the chaos of no trains running to St Ives, lorries off loading ballast, 3 within 15 minutes and Stobart Rail Equipment in Platform 4 for the track renewals of the branch. Golant was visited in the late afternoon where 66152 was seen hauling the Parkindillack-Fowey Clay.
- December Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public