The following pictures have been received from Network Rail - they are their Copyright. Our sincere appreciation to Network Rail and Tim Maddocks in particular for making these pictures of another of their work sites available to us. As can be seen from the pictures which follow this is another massive undertaking in which they are able to make use of the reduced traffic at this time of the Dawlish upheaval to close the lines between Newton Abbot and Totnes/Paignton.
With all four lines, that is the two to and from Paignton and the two to and from Totnes and beyond cut and removed, a massive trench has been excavated to facilitate the installation of the culvert. Signalling cables supported in flexible ducting above the site. 19th March 2014 Copyright Network Rail with their permission.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History