I received a text this morning at about 08.25hrs saying that the Great Western Railway refurbished HST in green livery was on the 07.03 from Plymouth to Penzance, this being the first known run into Cornwall. How could I get a photograph on the way down with only 30 minutes to spare. I hurriedly went to the station and purchased a return ticket to St Erth on the 08.44 service which would give me about 7 mins before the down service was due. On entering the train I suddenly became aware that I had left the sim card of my camera in my computer for down loading photographs of the societies visit to the Plym Valley Railway on Sunday. Racing from the train back to my house to put in the sim card in the camera and returning to the station I only had a minute to spare. Out of breath but still living to tell the tail.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History