Hello there...I have just viewed your wonderful gallery of signal boxes in Cornwall.I used to visit most of those boxes in the early 1970s as a school boy.I have many happy memories of these boxes especally Penwithers Jct, Carn Brea Yard and Drump Lane.I also knew the late Bill Carne as he gave me this photo of the interior of his box (ex Dolcoalth) when he built his 'home made box at Reggie Morse's farm museum at Mawla Well near Porthtowan.I attach this photo for your consideration for it to be included in your gallery along with Bill's post card already featured. He bought the whole block shelf complete with instruments from Reggie Gifford (St Blazey S & T Inspector) for £5 ! The levers mostly came from Truro West Box.I have (My Mum has) some slides of the interior of Carn Brea Yard Box during 1972. If you're interested in copies I'll get her to find them although I need to convert them into prints if she still has them. My Brother and I used to play in the Yard during the 1960s and on the short section of the Branch. Happy days I can tell you. One more thing. Do you have or know anyone who has any photos or memories of 'The Agar Knitting Factory' at 146 Agar Road? It was the Kneebone Factory. My Mum is the youngest Daughter of the founder Mr J Kneebone.Kind Regards.Julian A Hanwell.
- October Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History