Departing Penzance on the 06.30 Penzance to Glasgow was our train to connect with this event, fog was much in evidence as we made our way through the county and into Devon and Somerset. On route David Beckett joined at Camborne and Tony Brokenshire at Par, and on on arriving at Taunton Station a Crossville Bus awaited passengers from the train, taking us straight to Bishops Lydeard Railway Station for the Autumn Steam Gala.
151003c Hoping to take a quick photograph at Blue Anchor, I alighted but was held up by the crowd of people, however an impressive site as Tornado awaits departure from Blue Anchor. Before I reached the platform end the whistle blew and off she went. Therefore then I had to return eastbound to Williton. Copyright Roger Winnen.
See Features Pages July to December 2015 for more on the Autumn West Somerset Steam Gala on 2015
- February Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public