The loco hauled day stock off the Night Riviera provides a very interesting ride to Exeter on summer Saturdays - the ride in the superb stock is far superior to anything offered by any other rail, or road, for that matter, vehicles. An added bonus for us and Roger Winnen are the tail end views which he is able to bring us. Many thanks to Roger for last Saturdays the 9th August views.
A shot of the empty stock movement from Penzance to Par
The journey up
140809r Crossing over the former Southern Main Line west of St Budeaux. Copyright Roger Winnen Note there were two similar bow string bridges at this location, however when double track between the east end of the Royal Albert bridge and St Budeaux Ferry Road was singled on 2nd July 1973 an opportunity was taken to recover the former down line bridge. The 'southern' line passing under the GW line at this point was singled 7th September 1970.
140809s Keyham Station Station. Copyright Roger Winnen Just one loop line remains around the up side of the station, There was once a large goods shed here - the signalbox was at the end of the down platform. During WW2 a bomb fell on a locomotive at the end of this platform destroying the locomotive.
The journey back to Penzance
Many thanks to Roger for this magnificent record of the line.
- December Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Devizes Branch