This is in response to Stuart Smith who on the 23rd May queried whether passengers have even been officially carried on the link line between the main line and Looe branch at Liskeard.
A reply from Bernard Mills Re the connection at Liskeard with the Looe Branch, The Clayliner tour of 11 May 1968 and the BLS one the following week, on both of these passengers were NOT conveyed around the connection to the Looe Branch, we had to get out and walk. I was on the Clayliner. Last February the 37's to Looe also went ECS around the curve. The only train I know of to convey passengers on the connection between the Looe Branch and the main line was the Cornish Gnome of 03 May 1998. Attached is a very rare picture of that one on the actual curve coming out of the yard at Liskeard, as far as I know the only time passengers carried around here. I would suspect curvature of line and possibly having to clip points would have been factors in banning passengers around here. Bernard Many thanks Bernard
- January Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public