It is always very pleasing to receive old photographs and thank heavens they have survived - here are three more from John Thorn. Many thanks John.
Firstly here is Axbridge station closed 9th Sept 1963 this picture taken in the Autumn of 1964. This was before this route became the A371 Abxridge by-pass. The stations still survives alongside the road - the box has of course gone. Note that although the line is obviously disused it would appear that a signal and indeed the nameboard on the signalbox have survived approximately a year. Copyright John Thorn
Here is Wrington station located on the Blagdon branch - seen here in 1961 some thirty years after closure of the station to passengers. The branch, a spur off the Cheddar Valley line from a junction at Congresbury, remained open for deliveries of coal to the pumping engines at Blagdon until 1963. Copyright John Thorn.
- May Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- FEATURES PAGE July to December 2016