Carn Brea Yard Signal Box
As a youngster Julian Hanwell spent many hours in his local box at Carn Brea Yard, he took some photographs and luckily for us all so did his mother Peggy who also visited the box. In the main section of the website dealing with Carn Brea you will also find an amusing tale plus some notes on the box written by the late Cyril Hitchens. You'll find out about the four footed visitor to the box!!
Finally a view to the east from Carn Brea Yard Box showing all that was left of the once extensive yard, just the up refuge siding. There was a water column at he far end of the yard, this had already been dismantled though the components lay on the ground for many a year. The Portreath branch curved away to the left in the distance. Of particular interest to the photographer is the Yardmasters house, seen in the centre of the picture, her wedding cake was cooked in the oven of this house. Sadly the house succumbed to the demolition men months after this picture was taken. Copyright Peggy Le Hanwell.
- November Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public