We are delighted to receive another four classic and vintage pictures from Mike Morant. Many thanks for these from your amazing collection.
Penzance It looks like an Up train about to pass over the level crossing and pass Ponsandane SB (the one with the flat roof). The siding signal on the left is Ponsandane Number 5. From the Mike Morant Collection. N.B. This picture was going to be submitted under a 'where is it category' but somebody has kindly furnished the information. Also looking at the second and third vehicles in the train it can be seen that this is the 'Royal Mail'.
Gunnislake 13th February 1971 The former PDSWR station of Gunnislake in Cornwall on 13th February 1971 with a blue DMU ready for departure to Plymouth. By this time the northern part of the line to Callington had long since disappeared and even this scene is no more as the station was resited in 1994 and a bus shelter style modern structure erected on the new platform just to the south of here. Courtesy of the Mike Morant Collection Note the guard is examining his watch whilst the gentleman on the platform seems to be quoting from a timetable to the lady on board the train. Also note the crew haven't bothered to change the tail lamp around as this will be on the rear of the train after reversal at Bere Ferrers.
- December Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Devizes Branch