Roger Geach has kindly forwarded to us five, new to us, most interesting old pictures. These will be entered into their relevant sections, however the last two, at Weymouth and Bridport will not be seen for a little while until we open that section. With very many thanks to Doug Nicholls who continues to supply Roger and us with these 'gems' from the past.
Looking almost like a picture of a model railway recreation here is Whiteball siding signalbox in April 1974. Note the 'double doored' porch on the signalbox, one exit to the trackside, the other to the toilet set back in the bank. Note also the 'Catch Point' sign, and the PW hut gto the right, the siding has been recently re ballasted. Copyright Doug Nicholls
7780 having brought a set of SR coaches along the street tramway to Weymouth Quay prepares to run round the stock for the return journey. The date is June 1962, A sight thankfully captured by Doug Nicholls, Note the chalked marking 'Not out' does this signify the crews faith in their steed? We will not see the like of this again. Copyright Dough Nicholls
- December Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. Exeter & Teign Valley Railway - LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public