With many thanks to Richard Burdett who sent in the following re that amusing picture. To be honest I don't really want the web site to develop into a joke box so please no more like that - just serious stuff. If you look at the http address below you'll find details of the thousands of responses that were received.
Great site! Details about your hoax photo of the fire hose are at http://wongm.com/2014/04/fire-hose-across-railway-tracks/ The Google streetview of the crossing is at https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bornem+belgium&ll=51.105314,4.230809&spn=0. 000027,0.027874&hnear=Bornem,+Antwerp,+Flanders,+Belgium&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cb ll=51.105335,4.230926&panoid=86k-6N6rtYsDM8xChpNe9A&cbp=12,95.47,,0,5.2 Note that the Google image is dated 2009 and since then the trees in the garden on the right have grown and an extra crossing warning light has been added to left of the electrification support pole. regards, Richard Burdett
- June Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- NEWS - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- CHRISTOW. E & T. Valley Railway - Articles by Colin Burges LATEST NEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public