It is understood that the bridge which carried the avoiding line over Station Road has been lifted out. Can anyone confirm and when?
Hi, Keith I believe that Launceston Steam Railway are running during October half term (26-31 October), and through the course of the week will be using all four of their working Hunslet quarry locos; double-heading on some days. May be worth a mention to anyone looking for an autumn fix of steam! Best wishes John Thanks John.
Keith, Prior to the Western Region taking over Exmouth Junction MPD it was home for the Breakdown Train. This from memory comprised of a Rapier Steam Crane (DS 1580) and two support coaches which when not in use could always be found next to the lifting road inside the shed. Following the take over of the line West of Salisbury and the closure of Exmouth Junction the crane was moved to Plymouth Laira
This crane is now resident on the Mid Hants Railway.
Oh and some photographs of the now closed Barnstaple Town Station.
Dave Many thanks David
Keith Noticing the recent pictures of Crediton station on the website news, I though you might be interested in the two attached, showing the signal-box shortly after the outside had been refurbished by NR to match the station. Taken on a very dull and wet 3rd Aug 2010 (typical Devon summer weather!). Regards Chris Osment Many thanks Chris, your picture coming at the time they do fit in very nicely with those from David.
Gentlemen, A visit to Crediton to see Devon & Cornwall Railway Class 31’s 31601/452 en route from Eastleigh to Meldon Quarry.
Crediton has now acquired a hump similar to Exton. Oh and it could do with some treatment to kill all the weeds between the rails. Pity as the station looks smart in the LSWR livery. Regards Dave Many thanks David
Roger has added several more to our gallery between Truro and Lostwithiel of which this is one. A very interesting view of Lostwithiel. Many thanks Roger
- July 22 Home Page
- LATEST INPUT , NEWS & OLD PICTURES ETC.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- CORNWALL RAILWAY SOCIETY GENERAL INFORMATION CONTACTS & WEBMASTERS MEMBERSHIP FORM ETC.
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- STEAM & DIESEL RAILTOURS 22 ONWARDS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical Outdoor Events INDEX
- INDEX TO ARTICLES WRITTEN BY COLIN BURGES
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Official Documents available to the General Public
- Public notices and posters collection
- Features July to December 22