With the weather having been so good in the last few days we take a quick look back at the CRS walk on Saturday the 5th April 2014 when the weather wasn't so kind. We started out in driving drizzle which moderated to just being overcast by the time we reached the terminus at Tresavean. However our guide Eric Rabjohns kept up a continous commentary as we walked the line and it was despite the weather very enjoyable. Rather like reaching the summit of Everest here we are at at the Tresavean Mine end of the line. It is intended to provide many more pictures for the Tresavean section of this website in due course.
A few weeks before the walk, on the 11th March, KJ and Christine Simmonds visited the section of track relaid by the CRS in 1999 to remove vegetation which had all but covered it. Neither Cornwall Council nor the local council had the funds to carry out this work. Here it is in its final stages. In addition to working Roger Winnen manned the camera. Copyright.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History