The picture below is one of a series added to our Taunton to Westbury section. They include various different views of Frome station, of Clink Road Junction, of Fairwood Junction and finally a look around Westbury including Westbury North signalbox. Many thanks for your pictures Derek.
There is a lot of interest in this picture taken around about 1972. What at first appears to be a steam hauled goods train is in fact an engineering train complete with a steam crane. A serious accident had occurred here when an up goods became derailed causing serious damage to the permanent way especially the diamond crossing which carried down trains bound for Frome across the up main. Careful examination will reveal that the diamond crossing has been replaced temporarily by plain track. Derek tells us that for some days all trains were routed via Frome. If anybody has an exact date it would be appreciated. Copyright Derek Buttivant.
- October Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History