A most interesting shot looking into the branch terminus platform. It can be seen that the run round loop metals are still there they look disused. The metals were taken out of use 8th March 1964 and removed in November 1965. ( Ref. Tony Cooke). The water hose seems to have been removed from the water tank. From the Mike Morant collection.
Thanks to Mike Morant we have a store of some rare photographs which we air from time to time. Time for another treat - this time at Liskeard. Many thanks to Mike Morant.
An interesting assembly of road vehicles await outside the main station building which is situated on the up side. There are two buses waiting - one is on service 119, this one is off route it should have been on the Callington to Launceston run - perhaps it's lost! The other on service 71 St Cleer to Upton Cross. The bright red phone box also adds charm to the picture. Although this face of the building remains much the same, the side which overlooks the railway has been radically improved with a smart waiting area and buffet. Sid Sponheimer comments on the window almost hidden by the shed saying that at one time it was a very tall doorway and he was always intrigued by it as it was so thin but very tall and as it was in the original Brunelian building, I imagined folk of that era passing through it wearing those tall hats you sometimes see Brunel wearing! Picture from the Mike Morant Collection
Passing through the main building brought one then, and now, to the top of a ramp leading down to a junction giving access to either the footbridge to the down platform for services to Penzance, or on down the slope to the up platform. The down station buildings have been replaced, the footbridge was also replaced in 2014. From the Mike Morant Collection.
- October Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History