For the second night in a row the Night Riviera failed again - this time on the down service - between Bradford Junction and Trowbridge. It was replaced by an HST which Mick House was kindly able to photograph on the coldest morning of the year. Here we see the replacement HST passing Hallenbeage Mine Engine House - a view which has changed dramatically in the last year or so with the landscaping of the mine dumps in the foreground. The site of Wheal Busy level crossing was where the rear bogie of the power car was at the time the picture was taken. It has been suggested by a railwayman that it is about time the Sleeping Car sets were wired for HST power cars and these far more reliable machines used on the overnight service which has become very unreliable.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History